A Life Lesson Learned.

Today I am full on thinking about energy. What you put out there, why you put it out there, what you get back, when you "pivot."

Most of life's strongest lessons (for me, at least) come from me not being proud of something I did. Saturday night I had one of these lessons.

To get to the point, I was out with my boyfriend and another couple. The other couple had some friends elsewhere in the area so we joined up with them. A couple of the people bought us a round and left. Shortly after we decided to leave. When the bill came, it was outrageous. Between my boyfriend and I, we had 5 beers, and we'd been at the place for about an hour and a half.

There were four of us still at the table when the tab came. The guys had headed outside for some air and the four of us were here to split it. One person said it should be $300 with tip, let's split it 6 ways, $50 a person. Fine. I get the slip to sign and it's $155. Everyone has split now and I'm left with $155.

Negative energy. I'm a bit confused and a little annoyed, right? Why am I footing the bulk of a bill that includes woodford reserve martinis at $15 each, when I had a $6 peroni? And the person who "bought a round" right before they left? Footing their bill, too.

So now that my card's run, there's nothing I can do. But, I have a decision to make. What do I leave for a tip? In my head, I'm thinking... I can't not leave a tip, but I also can't afford to add anything onto this bill. I'm already paying for other people who should've left money. It's unfair. There's no one to consult. I'm uneasy. I leave no tip.

Negative Energy.

The lesson is, I had the opportunity to pivot here. I had the opportunity to bring in that negative energy that was thrown my way and send it out to the universe as positive energy. But, I didn't. That night I worried whether I had made the right choice, and the next day I realized, I definitely did not. I am embarrassed and ashamed. I feel so regretful that the waitress who had been with that table all night (the other group arrived a couple of hours before us) must've felt such discouragement and disappointment. The strongest lessons in life come from experiences where you had wished you had taken the high road and you didn't. Where you should have been poised and graceful, but you weren't.

When you made the wrong decision.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fuck Cancer

Makeup for More Respect

Deep, Dark, Real Conversations