The mindfuck of misconception

So, about 6 months ago my husband and I had sex, no birth control. Radical idea for anyone who believed growing up that if you look the wrong way you'll get pregnant. 

Kiss a boy? Pregnant. Touch a boy? Definitely pregnant. Sleep with a boy? The thought alone made you pregnant. For the first 35 years of my life, not getting pregnant was one of my top KPIs. 

Fast forward to today, and a fair amount of sex later, still not pregnant.

Difficulty with conception is way more common than I ever expected. What I never expected? The complete mindfuck of a rollercoaster ride that you go on month-to-month. 

Looking back at the first time I have to laugh out loud. I literally felt like an electrical current running through my body that all the things were happening. The millions of sperm were zapping their way right up to the egg and a baby was in the works.

Clearly couldn't be further from the truth. 

I am fortunate to have a few friends who understand, and to know you're not alone in this funhouse of emotions has been my mental saving grace.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fuck Cancer

Makeup for More Respect

Deep, Dark, Real Conversations